Free shipping on UK orders over £40 & International orders over £70 (exclusions apply)


Your Cart is Empty


by ysoldateague March 01, 2008


It’s March, which is just about spring and I’ve been doing some spring cleaning – both of my real and virtual homes. The zen cart shop is gone, because it was acting up and I couldn’t be bothered fixing it. Ravelry is now handling all of my downloads but you don’t need to be a member. At the moment the only issue is that if you want to buy multiple patterns you’ll have to purchase them individually, but there will be a shopping cart available soon. What do you think of the new look?
I made a new beret for spring, but it’s not the one I’ve been sharing my work on recently. This is just something I started last night and finished off this morning. It’s a good thing that my button collection is teeny tiny because I had a hard enough time choosing.


I think I made the right decision though.


You can probably tell, but the buttoning is false, because it would be totally unnecessary for it actually to function and it means that you don’t have to fuss with matching the button and buttonhole size.


The looks a lot like seed stitch from the outside but it’s actual reverse linen stitch so it’s nice and firm and comfortably smooth on the inside. I love the way it contrasts with the drapiness of the rest of the hat.


And the poor red beret I’ve been struggling with? Well I got a beret out of the single ball of yarn. The slight problem is that it’s much too small.


I will get my red beret though. Today is K1’s grand opening and they have some brilliantly red Orkney Angora that’s destined to become a red beret that actually fits me.


Also in Blog

How to assemble Wardie
How to assemble Wardie

by Ysolda October 11, 2019 0 Comments

The Wardie cardigan is worked in pieces from the bottom up.  When the front and back are complete they're joined at the shoulders and then the sleeves are worked from stitches picked up around the armhole. The shoulders are shaped at the back, with neat cabled decreases and the bound off edge of the front pieces wraps over the shoulder to join the decreased edge. This style of shaping is known as English tailoring and gives a beautiful fit and a neat finish that's often found on high end ready to wear knitwear.

If you're interested in knitting Wardie but aren't sure about the finishing here's how the shoulders and sleeve go together.

Read More
A Petter Palette
A Petter Palette

by Sarah Stanfield October 08, 2019 0 Comments

Sarah has a plan for her autumn's knitting, which involves combining these 5 colours of Petter in different ways to make 4 children's sweaters to meet differing tastes and needs.
Read More
close up of a swatch pinned on a blocking board
Bruntsfield in Finull and some suggested colour combinations

by Nuala Fahey October 04, 2019 0 Comments

Autumn is vest time and we decided to go into Ysolda’s back catalogue and pull out a great autumn classic. We don't stock the original yarn any more but we have some suggestions for alternative colours in Finul PT2.
Read More